Friday, April 10, 2015

Opening day!

Take me out to the ball game,
Take me out with the crowd;
Just buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack,
I don't care if I never get back.


Let me root, root, root for the home team,
If they don't win, it's a shame.
For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out,
At the old ball game.


(Did you know that this unofficial baseball anthem was composed by two men who had never attended a baseball game? “Take Me Out to the Ball Game, written in 1908 by Jack Norworth and Albert Von Tilzer and traditionally sung during the middle of the seventh inning of the game.)


The Greenville Drive won against the Augusta GreenJackets on Opening Day! Two lucky boys accompanied Roberts to the game, staying to the very end. And it was a good thing too, as the Drive scored the game-winning point at the bottom of the 9th!



With home games every night for the next week there are plenty of options to catch the Drive at Fluor Field early this season. The boys will be back soon, and hopefully Vilis and I will be able to join them for a few innings; here’s wishing our team a great season!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like the evening was enjoyed by all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all Lauris and Mikus can talk about today. I wish I had gone, although I don't think I would have had much fun with Vilis squirming around in my arms the entire time.

      Delete
  2. I love baseball. My Daddy taught me to love baseball since he loved it. He was a huge New York Yankees fan... I used to go with him to local games in our small town. Such great memories.

    Looks like you all had a great time --and your team WON.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...